Partner Attorney at Law
Making business decisions usually also means making staff decisions. At nbs partners, Pascal Verma covers the entire consulting area of employment law, including areas where it intersects with social security law. He successfully completed the theoretical basis for the title of “employment law specialist” in a “Juristische Fachseminare” specialized employment law course, and is therefore well versed in individual and collective labor law. Pascal Verma primarily advises decision-makers and HR managers on the employer side, but also employees and works councils.
Thanks to his extensive expertise, he can be of help when it comes to drafting employment contracts, as well as advising clients on drafting termination agreements, and represents them in unfair dismissal lawsuits and employment law measures in connection with corporate structuring measures.
Pascal Verma also specializes in data protection law for companies, groups of companies, and consultants (e.g. lawyers, tax consultants, auditors). He provides support in adapting the processing of personal information to the high data protection standards of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – including, upon request, as an external data protection officer. This leaves you free to concentrate your company’s resources on your core business.
The heavily increased fines that may be imposed for breaches of the GDPR can endanger a company’s existence, so it is essential to comply with the high data protection standards of the GDPR. Pascal Verma supports you on this path with GDPR gap analysis, advice on compliance with accountability (including support in compiling the processing index), and advice on data protection impact assessment, deletion concepts, and compliance with data processing principles, among other things.
- Partner at nbs partners since 2019
- Since 2013 Attorney at law at nbs partners
- Legal clerkship at Hanseatic Higher Regional Court with a focus on employment law, and work placements at the Hamburg industrial tribunal, the legal department of a health insurance company, and nbs partners
- Studied law in Hamburg
Married, one child
- Employment law advice for decision-makers and HR managers of national and international companies and groups
- Drafting employment agreements for employees and corporate bodies
- Advice on severance of employees – amicable or contentious
- Design and negotiation of termination/cancellation agreements
- Legal representation in lawsuits against wrongful termination
- Assertion/judicial enforcement of recourse claims in complex sales structures
- Consultancy and legal representation for banks, issuing houses and fund initiators in large-scale prospectus liability cases
Memberships and commitments
- Deutscher Anwaltverein e.V. (German Lawyers’ Association)
- Hamburger Verein für Arbeitsrecht e.V. (Hamburg Association for Employment Law)
- German Lawyers’ Association Working Group on Employment Law
- Hamburgischer Anwaltverein e.V. (Hamburg Lawyers Association)
- German Lawyers’ Association Working Group on Banking and Capital Markets Law
- Voluntary legal advice on employment as part of the Bucerius Law School ‘Law Clinic’ project