Dr. Cornelia Rump
Partner Attorney at Law
Cornelia Rump is equally at home in two major areas of specialty: inheritance law as well as banking and capital market law. She is driven by her passion for content and the people she works for. For this, she is highly esteemed by our clients and colleagues alike.
Inheritance is an emotional topic that joins – but sometimes also divides – the generations. Cornelia takes on the individual needs of her clients with great economic insight, but also interpersonal sensitivity. She not only helps you structure and order your concerns to organise your asset succession during your lifetime and in the event of your death, she also advises those who wish to know their affairs are in good hands in the event that they can no longer decide for themselves. She will work with you, for example, to draw up a legally valid health care proxy or living will, and to appoint a custodian.
Cornelia also represents inheritance parties in disputes, both in and out of court.
As a specialist in banking and capital market law, she also advises banks and fund companies and also represents them in court. And so successfully in the team that she has already been able to influence the administration of justice in the interests of her clients many times in the past. In concrete terms, this means that many of the first- and second-instance proceedings have been the starting point for new developments in the jurisprudence of the German Federal Supreme Court.
- 2016 Appointment as a Certified Attorney for Inheritance Law
- 2016 Appointment as a Certified Attorney for Bank and Capital Market Law
- 2012 Doctoral thesis on an inheritance law topic that overlaps with banking law
- Since 2009 Attorney at law at nbs partners
- Legal clerkship at Schleswig-Holstein Higher Regional Court with placements in Hamburg, etc. nbs partners
- Studied law in Bonn
- Gift and inheritance counselling to private individuals, especially inheritances involving foreign countries
- Consultation in connection with health care proxies, living wills, and the appointment of guardians for minors
- Succession planning for inheritances involving businesses
- Out-of-court settlement and representation of inheritance parties in court
- Legal representation of banks and fund companies vis-à-vis banks clients
- Extrajudicial counselling of banks and fund companies
- “Über das Verhältnis unentgeltlicher Zuwendungen mittels Vertrags zugunsten Dritter auf den Todesfall zum Erbrecht” (On the relationship of free gifts by means of a contract in favour of third parties in case of death on inheritance law) dissertation 2012, University of Bonn
Memberships and commitments
- German Lawyers’ Association Inheritance Law Working Group
- German Lawyers’ Association Banking and Capital Markets Law Working Group, among others –
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Erbrecht and Vermögensnachfolge e.V.
- Fördermitglied Deutsche Interessengemeinschaft für Erbrecht and Vorsorge e.V.
- Legal advice